Welcome to West Hallam Medical Centre
Welcome along to our surgery website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE
If you develop a high temperature or new continuous cough you might have Coronavirus.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME FOR 7 DAYS
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE PRACTICE
PLEASE CONTACT NHS111 IF YOUR SYMPTOMS WORSEN
Until further notice appointments can only be booked by phone - 0115 9440088.
Our priority is to minimise social contact and help protect staff and patients.
Thank you for your co-operation at this incredibly challenging time.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. • Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Being seen by the Appropriate Clinician
When calling the practice you will be asked by the reception team the reason for your call. This is simply to allow the reception team to ensure you are seen by the most appropriate clinician. It is not the receptionist being nosy. The reception team have been trained to appropriately direct your call and are bound by a confidentiality clause.
The practice clinical team now consists of a wide range of clinicians who can manage all conditions. We hope you agree that it is important that GPs see and treat the most poorly and complex patients. It is not a good use of their time to be managing minor illness.
We can now offer online appointments for the management of people with Asthma. This means we can undertake your annual Asthma review and medication review without you needing to attend the Practice. Of course if a blood test or investigation is required you will need to attend the Practice. If you have Asthma and this would be of interest please email email@example.com or speak to Elly on reception.
Extended Access Appointments
From the 1st October 2018 we will be able to offer a small number of appointments to patients in an evening and at a weekend. These will be provided by a combination of this Practice, Appletree Medical Practice in Duffield, Arthur Medical Centre in Horsley Woodhouse, Riversdale Surgery in Belper, Whitemoor Medical Centre in Belper and Ripley Hospital. Please ask at Reception for more information.
Changes to dressings service from 1st April 2019
What are the changes?
From 1st April 2019 we will provide an in house dressings service in the following circumstances,
- If you have been discharged from acute or secondary care services and need suture removal, staples and associated simple wound care requiring a dressing. If after 4 weeks your wound has not fully healed your practice nurse will advise you whether any further care should be provided by a hospital Minor Injuries Unit or the District Nursing Team.
- If you have had a minor injury in the last 48 hours, that you cannot manage with over-the-counter dressings from a pharmacy in the last 48 hours and have not already been to A&E or a Minor Injuries Unit at a hospital, then we can see if it is appropriate for in house dressing.
Patients Group Meeting
The next meeting of the Patients Group will be held on Tuesday 28th April @ 6.30pm. The meeting will be held at the West Hallam Medical Centre. If you have time to assist the Patient's Group please call the Practice Manager - Richard Page
Dr Katharine Shelly has joined the Practice. We welcome Katharine to our GP team.