Changes to our Travel Services
Due to the increasing demand for Nurse Appointments from patients who require urgent and on-going help with chronic disease management we are making changes to some of the additional services that our Nursing team have provided in the past.
From 1st March 2016 we will only be providing the following NHS vaccinations to our patients who are planning a trip abroad.
- diphtheria, polio and tetanus (combined booster)
- hepatitis A – including when combined with typhoid or hepatitis B
These vaccines are usually free because they protect against diseases thought to represent the greatest risk to public health if they were brought into the country.
We will no longer be providing the following private vaccinations,
- hepatitis B when not combined with hepatitis A
- Japanese encephalitis and tick-borne encephalitis
- meningitis C and other meningitis vaccines
- tuberculosis (TB)
There are a number of private providers who can provide these locally and their details are readily available online.